Points for Attention in Clamping of CNC Lathe
Oct. 16, 2020
The processing technology of CNC Lathe machine is similar to that of ordinary lathe, but because CNC lathe is one-time clamping and continuous automatic processing to complete all turning procedures, the following aspects should be paid attention to:
1. Reasonable choice of cutting amount
Whether the selection of cutting parameters (ap, f, v) is reasonable, plays a very important role in whether the machine tool can fully utilize the potential of the machine tool and the cutting performance of the tool to achieve high quality, high production, low cost and safe operation.
When rough turning, first consider choosing a back-grabbing amount ap as large as possible, and then choosing a larger feed amount f, and finally determining an appropriate cutting speed v. Increasing the back-cutting amount ap can reduce the number of passes, and increasing the feed amount f is beneficial to chip breaking. Therefore, selecting the rough turning amount according to the above principles is beneficial to improve production efficiency, reduce tool consumption, and reduce processing costs.
When finishing turning, the machining accuracy and surface roughness are required to be high, and the machining allowance is not large and relatively uniform. Therefore, when choosing the cutting amount of finishing turning, you should focus on how to ensure the quality of the machining and maximize the productivity on this basis. Therefore, small (but not too small) back-grabbing ap and feed f should be selected when finishing turning, and high-cutting tool materials and reasonable geometric parameters should be selected to increase the cutting speed v as much as possible.
2. Choose a tool reasonably
1) When rough turning, choose high-strength and durable tools to meet the requirements of large back-grabbing and large feed when rough turning;
2) When finishing turning, choose high-precision and durable tools to ensure the requirements of machining accuracy. ；
3) In order to reduce the time of tool change and facilitate tool setting, machine clamped knives and machine clamped blades should be used as much as possible.
CNC Lathe Machine
3. Choose fixtures reasonably
1) Try to use general fixtures to clamp the workpiece and avoid using special fixtures;
2) The part positioning datum coincides to reduce positioning error.
4. Determine the processing route
The processing route is the movement track and direction of the tool relative to the part during the processing of the index-controlled machine tool:
1) It should be able to ensure the processing accuracy and surface roughness requirements;
2) The processing route should be shortened as much as possible to reduce the tool idle travel time.
5. The relationship between processing route and processing allowance
At present, under the condition that the light duty lathe machine has not reached the universal use, the excess margin on the blank, especially the margin containing the forging and casting hard skin layer, should be arranged on the ordinary lathe for processing. If you must use a CNC lathe to process, you need to pay attention to the flexible arrangement of the program.
6. Fixture installation points
At present, the connection between the hydraulic chuck and the hydraulic clamping cylinder is realized by a tie rod. The key points of hydraulic chuck clamping are as follows: first use a moving hand to remove the nut on the hydraulic cylinder, remove the pull tube, and pull it out from the rear of the spindle, and then use the moving hand to remove the chuck fixing screw to remove the chuck.